What are auto accidents?
Cars have quickly become the primary means of transportation for a lot of people. But with so much traffic, accidents also become commonplace. Auto accidents are defined as unintentional collisions involving automobiles, either with another automobile, with stationary objects such as light posts, or with pedestrians or animals. The force of the collision can possibly result to varying degrees of physical injury, loss of property, and sometimes, loss of life.
What are auto accident injuries?
People who do survive vehicular accidents are usually left with injuries from different parts of the body. Depending on the intensity and nature of impact, patients may suffer from broken bones, facial injuries, internal organ damage, or even mangled body parts. In some cases the injuries also leave patients unable to regain the use of their injured limbs. Some of the common auto accident injuries include the following:
- Head or brain injuries – trauma sustained by the head can result to varying degrees of damage to the brain, from mild concussion to life-threatening internal bleeding.
- Facial injuries – typical injuries include cuts from flying debris such as broken glass resulting to loss of eyesight or facial muscle functions, dental, and jaw-related damage.
- Neck and spinal cord injuries – also occurring in differing severity are injuries such as whiplash, spinal disc injury, and spinal cord damages
- Internal organ injury – usually occurs as a result of broken bones or debris puncturing internal organs such as the lungs, liver, and kidneys
- Psychological injury – auto accidents usually also affect the emotional and mental state of patients, especially in cases where loss of lives have to be endured by family members
What are the treatments for auto accident injuries?
Depending on the severity of the crash and the nature of the patients’ injuries, treatment may range from simple wound cleaning to more serious procedures such as surgery. While some of the sustained auto accident injuries are obvious from the onset, some damage would not manifest symptoms until it is too late. That being the case, patients who have been through an auto accident are usually immediately subjected to tests such as CT scans for a thorough evaluation of possible internal damage. Treatment is critical for the first 72 hours, so if any internal injuries have been sustained, patients may be recommended to undergo certain procedures (e.g. surgery) immediately. Some other forms of care include rehabilitation therapy to help patients regain functional capacity of the limbs or muscles injured or affected in the accident. Some of the treatments include:
- Physical tending of lacerations, bruises, and concussions
- Oral medication
- Interventional therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Physical therapy
- Psychological therapy
What is an auto accident injury doctor?
Auto accident injury doctors are physicians who specializes on injury related auto accident trauma. They help patients with diagnosis, injury repair treatments, pain management, surgery, and rehabilitation. Auto accident injury doctors come from a wide variety of disciplines such as orthopedics, internal medicine, surgery, anesthesiology, neurology, physical therapy, and chiropractic care. Auto accident injury doctors not only take care of immediate conditions, but also help patients with long term treatment and rehabilitation. Have you been through an auto accident recently? Don’t hesitate to seek an auto accident injury doctor to take care of you.
Where can I find a good auto accident injury doctor in Los Angeles?
Are you needing an auto accident injury doctor? Dr. Kevin Li, MD, a pain management and auto accident injury doctor from Los Angeles, may be able to help you. Through more than a decade’s worth of experience working with patients with auto accident injuries, Dr. Li’s highly valued expertise and patient-centered, holistic treatment approach would ensure you get only the best of medical care. Dr. Li also happens to be a qualified Independent Medical Examiner, so you’ll have no trouble getting help for med-legal matters. What are you waiting for? Call his clinic now at (626) 538 – 8950 for an appointment. Life doesn’t have to stop at the accident. Let Dr. Li help you.